How can Boonzi help me organizing the IRS for the next year?
Since all transactions in all bank accounts are registered in Boonzi, with some simple steps it's easy to filter and locate deductable expenses to fill in your tax declaration. Below, we explain how you can locate these expenses.
- Open the transactions section (or press Ctrl+Shift+T)
- On the top, in the blue area, change the filter of the Period to Previous year.
- Change the filter Show to Expenses
- Change the filter Group by to Category
- Now, using the Search tool, below on the left, write the name of the deductable category that you wish to consult. Boonzi will show only the searched category, and, on it's heading, the sum of all expenses on that category.
There are other ways to achieve the same result. For example, consulting some of the reports, filtered by the previous year.
Make sure you keep the invoices to make proof of your expenses. To simplify the process of organizing your invoices, you can scan them and attach them to each transaction. See here
how to attach invoices to transactions.